Thriving in a Changing World: Strategies for Family Business
Helping Family Businesses Thrive in a Changing World
Family businesses don’t exist in a vacuum. They are embedded in society, the economy and the environment. In today’s ever-changing world, how a business addresses emerging issues and trends can have a significant impact on their short and long term success. Family businesses need a strategy, and their advisors have a role to play.
Thriving in a Changing World: Strategies for Family Business is a certification course designed to help Family Enterprise Advisors, family business leaders, family offices and in fact anyone in a position to make an impact on – or with – a family business to develop effective strategies to best leverage change.
These days, most leaders and their advisors are heads-down, focusing on the day-to-day. We say it’s time to raise your heads and face the issues strategically and head on.
Family business leaders need to stay attuned to the changing environment in which all enterprises operate. This certification will equip families and their advisors with the tools to think holistically and systemically about change in a complex landscape and incorporate practices that will have an impact for people, planet and profit.
Change is Rapid, Ongoing and Exponential
Thriving in a Changing World: Strategies for Family Business, led by experts in the field, provides family enterprise leaders, family office leaders and professional advisors with a strategic framework to assess:
- WHAT change is coming
- What will be the IMPACT
- What needs to CHANGE in response
- HOW to navigate the changes
and tools and frameworks to approach these potential areas of change:
- Global Trends, Social Impact
- Impact Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- People, Planet and Profit
This certification will help you develop strategies for the family, business and ownership systems to thrive. Learn more at the Info Session, REGISTER HERE
Why take the course?
- More and more business families are looking to and relying on their trusted advisors and family leaders for help with these new challenges.
- Inevitable changes to the family, business and/or ownership systems require proper guidance to maximize impact and mitigate disruption.
- Acquire the skills to facilitate difficult and delicate discussions within families regarding global trends such as social impact, sustainability, and climate change, especially when family members harbour strong emotional opinions on these matters.
Added benefits for Family Enterprise Advisors:
- This specialized training pushes you to the front of the line as the best resource to support this journey.
- Advisors who complete this program will receive a Certificate of Completion and seven (7) Continuing Education (CE) credits.
- There’s no other certification of this caliber that is focused on advising business families who are navigating the pressing issues of today.
Learn more at Live Info Webinar, REGISTER HERE
It gives the advisor the opportunity, the language, to talk to families about these big global conversations.
– Academic Director, Wendy Sage-Hayward FEA
When and where is the course available?
The Thriving in a Changing World: Strategies for Family Business certification course is currently being offered in person only.
Dates in 2024
This certification course takes place over three full days and provides the opportunity to connect directly with instructors and other advisors.
February 28 to March 1, 2024 in Toronto at Vantage Venues: Apply now →
November 25 to 27, 2024 in Vancouver: Apply now →
Refunds and Cancellations — Please read our Thriving in a Changing World: Strategies for Family Business Refund and Cancellation Policy.
Registration, Price and Details
We offer preferred pricing for members of our community.
A Commitment to Learning
7 CE Credits will be granted to designated FEAs upon completion.
Preferred member pricing.